Onboarding – Introduction to the Basics of Track Infrastructure - Track 1
- Duration (hours/days)
- 2 days
- Fee (per participant)
- on request
- Chesapeake, VA
About the course
New employees will gain a basic understanding of the railway system, its technical foundations, and requirements for track construction. Designed for new hires that have no previous railroad experience. For example, employees from: sales, customer services, product management, design, purchasing, and general support.
Conclusion and Goal
No prerequisites required for attending the training. For new employees of all areas who do not yet have basic knowledge of the railway system or the construction and maintenance of track.
- History, Environment and Future (Heavy Haul, Mixed Traffic, Urban Rail, High Speed)
- track and its components; Ballast track and ballastless track
- construction and maintenance of the track; track construction machinery and technology; Safety
- Principles of mechanized track maintenance
- Standards and legal requirements
- Future trends and emerging technologies